Dec 29 2016

Goodbye and farewell

I regret nothing.

There seems to be an impression among some people that a blog or a Facebook or Twitter account is about what pleases them and what they want to read, rather than the message(s) the owner of these accounts wishes to convey. And that, if those messages are ones that the readers disagree with, it is the fault of the owner of said account for posting them. Total and complete nonsense. My blog, Facebook and Twitter are about the messages I want voice-for myself.

So, I regret nothing.

And that includes advocating for the corporeal demise of one Donald J. Trump. Because the rise of Trump is THE central tragedy of America now in history. It is impossible to overstate what a calamity it is, a calamity that was enabled by the laziness and apathy of a 100 million Americans who did not vote, coupled with the stupidity of 62 million who did. Less than 25% of the US population have imposed this worthless demagogue and tyrant upon the rest of humanity. Their sense of victim hood, resentment, and desire for revenge, overcame the obvious and palpable flaws exhibited by this charlatan, to plunge the land of my birth onto a disastrous course of events. It is hard to think of a president-elect less versed in the workings of the world than Donald Trump.

These are events that threaten me personally-both physically and financially. The threat posed by this short fingered vulgarian is real. It is bothersome beyond words. Since I have not yet taken leave of my common sense and knowledge of the world as it is, as well as the history that got it there, I wish to speak out against it. If my sense of outrage offends you, then I recommend you head for the exit. I have no use for Trumpism or its acolytes. It is destructive for both of us.

2016 has cost me friends and acquaintances, and, with the advent of Trump, forced me to stop writing this independent publication. That troubles me deeply. Even more troubling, however, is this hypocrisy that some people have embraced by becoming cheerleaders for a so-called “movement” advocating “revolt against elites” and supporting events that are truly awful for the countries where they have taken place. (Yes, this means Brexit and the other harbingers of misguided nationalism). It is a dangerous set of beliefs that will lead to nothing good. The last time America turned inward was after the first world war and the consequences were calamitous. Coupled with other countries’ jealous nationalism, it is nothing short of an extinction level threat. As global politics is poisoned, America will be impoverished and its own anger will grow, which risks trapping us in a vicious circle of reprisals and hostility. It is no accident that anti-Semitism has infected the bloodstream of American politics for the first time in decades. The hypocritical people cheerleading this “movement” are playing with fire, a fire that is easily able to rise and destroy them.

I cannot, and will not, be a part of such nonsense. It is wrong and I won’t accept it or be a part of it. I fear that the ability to resist this danger has been weakened by the very technology that we thought would improve Civic nationalism and universal values, such as freedom and equality.  The information tools like Twitter and Facebook were supposed to improve the goal of political commonwealth, not destroy it. Sadly, that has proven to be just the opposite. Thanks to the single-minded evil of some reprehensible individuals it has fostered an ethnic nationalism that is destructive to nations and to people. If we are lucky enough to survive it, we must find safe havens in which to rebuild our shattered lives. 2017 will represent the start of my search for such a haven for myself.

Every bad thing is now possible. A world is collapsing before our eyes.

Till the world either ends, or sanity is restored-I wish you well.

Goodbye.

Skippy-san

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “Goodbye and farewell”

1. Aaron P Wagneron 29 Dec 2016 at 1:34 pm

Fair winds and following seas. I for one often disagree with you but have often enjoyed reading a coherent and well argued position.  Hope springs eternal; just keep working to build a world where we can both disagree and be happy.

2. l granton 30 Dec 2016 at 12:36 am

I wish you well in all you do. Although I also do not agree with most of your positions, I too enjoyed reading your thought provoking posts. As I become more informed on some of the positions of the Trump administration, my sensors are are perking up. One such change that scares the heck out of me is the way they want to change billing to Medicare recipients; I think it is called "Gap Billing – where the difference between the allowable amount by Medicare and what the doctor charges will be billed to the recipient." This could lead to bankruptcy of seniors. Indeed scary!

3. HalfEmptyon 30 Dec 2016 at 4:22 pm

Hope you manage to find your way back to the Far East, you seemed happier and it shone thru on the blog.

Will miss you. My last chance to get this question answered, are you still an active pilot?

4. Old H-2 Guyon 31 Dec 2016 at 4:42 pm

Sayonara, Skippy.  I'm going to genuinely miss your blog. I'm not sure where I'm going to find a replacement that offers the same mix of unvarnished analysis and opinion. As we stand on the precipice of the abyss, I can only hope that we as a notion come to our collective senses and make a mid-course correction before irreparable damage is done. Good Luck!

5. Mauriceon 04 Jan 2017 at 2:01 am

Sayonara Skippy! I will keep you posted via other means. As for “I grant” sad to say that is happening already. If you are a TRICARE Retiree user like myself, and use a non-DOD medical facility you are subject to that very pay gap that you mentioned, and it has been around for sometime. TRICARE pays at the Medicare rate, so for anything that is over, TRICARE will authorize, but you will have to pay for it out of your own pocket. That’s why people find it better to have an insurance plan outside of TRICARE (if it is not too high) and use TRICARE as a supplement which is allowed. TRICARE pays after any other insurance you have and will pick up the portion based on their rates that your other insurance may not pick up.

6. Curtison 13 Jan 2017 at 7:38 am

Observations on the retreat of the new leftist.

You do know that the man you appear to despise was, up until he threw his hat in the ring, a very good friend of bill (FOB), and Hillary, and had them to his wedding, which they were pleased to attend and who was, by all accounts, a member in good standing of the left?

If one reads your screed of despair and notes your imminent departure from these fascist climes, one is struck by how it resonates with those of us who remember the suckers that fell for marxism hook line and sinker and left the dust bowl and depression of America for the glorious worker's paradise in the Soviet Union. You should look at some of the first person stories of that time and you'll see the resemblance. You don't hardly find any Smith alias Jones in the former USSR. Something awful happened to them all one day.

If you are on target (unlikely), 100 million Americans didn't vote. I know the feeling. I lived in CA when McCain had sewn up the nomination and I could not bring myself to vote for that aviating scumbag in either the primary or the election. Some people really are too despicable to vote for even if they do declare themselves to be of the Party. I knew he was the worst kind of RINO and a scumbag to boot. Everything he does since then drives the truth home. Hillary was a contemptible, stupid, lying scumbag and no, people wouldn't go out of their way to vote for her. All the democrats had to do to win this cycle was let Bernie win the super-delegates and he'd be President elect. But, the DNC is the most foul, dishonest, marxist collection of losers north of Venezuela and they put their fat giant Brazille thumb on the scale for Hillary and Trumped Bernie right out of the running. Sucks to be that short-sighted, stupid and democratic don't you think?

It's not too late Skippy!  You can move to Venezuela, or Brazil or even Cuba! You can be free and live in the kind of socialist worker's paradise your socialist friends can only dream about! Don't wait! Head south and don't stop until you reach Caracas.

As you ponder your gettaway? I'd consider the historic parallels. We'll be OK. Canada will be OK. The rest of the world is about to relive their past. You might think they're all soft and gooey and like gaijin but one has to wonder, are they still cannibals?

Good luck, stay in touch and remember Tonto's response to the Lone Ranger. "What do you mean 'we', Paleface."

Trackback URI | Comments RSS