Nov 07 2016

Barbarians at the gate

Published by at 11:14 pm under Uncategorized

Tomorrow is, without a doubt, the most frightening election I have ever experienced in my adult life. As John Cole put it:

"The best way I can compare my mood right now is the trash compactor scene in Star Wars, where I am living in a fetid world of Trump shit, while the walls are closing in, I have a sick sense of impending doom, and the media keeps grabbing me by the ankle trying to pull me under into the noxious shit and choke the life out of me. I have never been as horrified and terrified by an election in my life. I feel like I am on death row, and the preferred means of execution is force-feeding me puke and bile and racist, sexist shit."

The world is watching in horror, hoping America gets this right. ( Except for Putin's Russia)

Don't fuck this up America!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “Barbarians at the gate”

1. Curtison 08 Nov 2016 at 6:06 am

Should have done what we did. We left New York on the Queen Mary 2 on the 25th and sailed for Southampton and left the internet and the news behind. Spent the next week at sea and then the next week at the Royal Scots Club in Edinburgh with neither news nor the internet, again. Just got home an hour ago and tomorrow it will all be over and we missed it!!!!!!!

Just remember and keep in mind, when we elect a feckless idiot as president, it's not the end of the world……… for us, just the rest of the world that was counting on us. Too bad.

I saw today, when I got the paper at the departure lounge at Heathrow, that NATO just put 300,000 NATO troops on alert. Isn't that the funniest thing you ever heard?

2. Skippy-sanon 08 Nov 2016 at 10:11 am

There is no alert.. You need to get some better news sources.

And remember, the last time America elected a feckless idiot as President, he invaded Iraq and created this entire mess. And at that-he had a hell of a lot more qualifications than Donald J. Trump. You and a lot of others truly underestimate the real danger Trump poses. I get it that you don't like Hillary nor do you care for an economic agenda that actually takes care of working people. But that does not make it OK to commit national suicide out petulance.

How was the QM? I want to take that ship. My father and sister went on it and they loved it.

3. Curtison 08 Nov 2016 at 9:09 pm

To start with, Hillary belongs in jail. You know it. I know it. There is no room for disagreement. She violated the law in every single way when it comes to National Security. You can pretend it doesn't matter but it does.

The QM2 was wonderful. We sailed simply to cross the ocean and go to England. We are mightily tempted to fly to England and sail back to New York.

Trump cannot be more dangerous than a party that thinks it can rule by decree which is how they have been playing for the last 8 years. Democrats have politized every branch of government now and they get away with blatant murder. Your AG is loathsome as was her predecessor, your IRS body is corrupt, your FBI is corrupted, it is a sad litany that ends in the EPA itself polluting a river to death and finding no fault among its own.

What me and those like me want is accountability. Break the law, go to jail. What's wrong with that?

4. Skippy-sanon 09 Nov 2016 at 1:18 am

Because I don't give a shit about the e-mails. And as for the rest your conclusions are worthless. I would remind you that its your FBI too-and it chose to interfere in an election to appease a bunch of worthless conservative agents who forgot what their main obligation as a government employee was-and hey thought they had the right to violate the Hatch Act. Your definition of accountability is BS with hunts while giving a free pass to some really stupid decisions.

And discounting all that- there were people who represented your viewpoint far better than Trump. The GOP voters chose to to embrace a thug . We want to send Trump to DC to burn down Washington? Terrorists want to do the same thing. In the end its needless destructive.

5. Curtison 09 Nov 2016 at 1:23 am

so it's ok to send Petraeus to jail and the latest 4 star general but not hillary. Got ya. You think politicians should never be held accountable.

No surprise. You'd like Teddy Kennedy, he just killed a girl who had it coming.

6. Curtison 09 Nov 2016 at 8:50 am

So anyway, we're worthlessly celebrating the fall of the dynasty Clinton. And she's going to jail.

When are you relocating to Canada?

Trackback URI | Comments RSS