Dec 03 2010

What they really want……

Published by at 5:09 pm under Hypocrites

When they lobby for stupid tax cuts:

If you ever want to know that our tri-corner hat wearing friends are not serious about reducing the deficit-it is when they support these bozo’s.

By the way-you now much extra cash I get from the Bush tax cuts? Only around 800 dollars. And that is what most of the “average Americans” supporting their sick teabagger buddies see as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 responses so far

8 Responses to “What they really want……”

1. Richardon 04 Dec 2010 at 8:55 am

A world is supported by four things … the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing … without a ruler who knows the art of ruling. Make that the science of your tradition!
    Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam, to Paul Atreides

2. Foggyon 04 Dec 2010 at 9:58 am

Herbert was most insightful . “Dune” an amazing work of art.

Unfortuantly our political system has devolved into the protection of the aristocracy phase. In our culture is the super rich.

3. Mauriceon 04 Dec 2010 at 7:32 pm

Skippy,
    While the class warfare Dems take to the floor to bash “the rich,” here’s a helpful public service reminder of who their “rich” are:

The 50 wealthiest lawmakers were worth almost $1.4 billion in 2009, about $85.1 million more than 12 months earlier.

Twenty-seven Democrats along with 23 Republicans make up the 50 richest in Congress; 30 House members and 20 senators are on the list.

4. Skippy-sanon 04 Dec 2010 at 10:33 pm

What does that prove really? One cannot be elected to Congress without money these days-an average person cannot get elected ( and please don’t cite Allen West, because I will have to let loose some real dirt about him). Nonetheless-a whole of lot of the Democratic folks voted to restore tax rates to where they should have been.

The government’s goal should be to balance the budget. The Bush tax cuts were stupid when they were passed-they are even dumber now. If I had my way they would all be allowed to expire. For the average American making less than 100K a year-it translates into 44 dollars or less a paycheck.

5. Curtison 12 Dec 2010 at 7:29 pm

If the government’s goal should be to balance the budget why the fuck don’t they try cutting spending?

6. Skippy-sanon 12 Dec 2010 at 8:48 pm

Because there just isn’t that much to cut in the short term. Or maybe you would like to see your benefits cut.

Any time some says, “just cut spending” I know they are not serious about reforming the budget. We have normalize taxes AND cut certain types of spending while increasing it in others.

7. Curtison 16 Dec 2010 at 12:47 am

skippy,

Yes dude, they have to cut the fucking benefits. What part of cutting spending did you fail to understand? Medicare, Medicaid, social security, pensions and all that other shit.

Benefits are sacred? They must never ever be cut for any reason?

8. Skippy-sanon 16 Dec 2010 at 7:33 am

My retirement and my TRICARE are sacred, yes. So is my Social Security. That’s part of a contract the government made me with me. I held up my end.

How about getting out of Iraq, Afghanistan and a whole lot of other places? Will save a lot of money and save some lives too.

We don’t have to cut benefits-that’s a lie and you are a fool to believe it. We have to reorganize benefits in certain ways for younger generations-but we can do it a way that honors the contract for older folks like you.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS